Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I hear the shutter noise...

Long back I was lovable and sweet
Had an innocent smile that won hearts
Little do I remember about my childhood days
But I recollect more from my childhood pics

I remember my Dad used to make me laugh for pics
But I had a friend who made me laugh out with innocence
He was tall, he had beard covering his face
But between those dark beard he had a sweet smile...

He was my Dad's friend who took all the snaps of my childhood
For I have heard him say... "I forget all the days toil.."
I laugh loud when he takes his camera...
For if I laugh I get a candy and sometime to play with him...

Now when I pick my camera, I think about him...
The days had passed like how the shutter of the camera closed...
I grew up fast and the years passed swift... And one day I heard from Dad...
That his time came swift and he crashed in on a freeway...

I knew nothing for I had seen none lay still...
I kept gazing at his still body hoping him to raise and take out a candy..
I heard his wife and kids cry and I saw tears rolling down my cheeks..
I had hopes... I had fear... I stayed cold... Holding tight on my Dad's arms..

The Camera lays still in his room... I still see Aunt cry..
He might have been my inspiration... For now I play with cameras...
I get frames... I get smiling faces...
Years have passed but every pic of mine reminds me of him...

Oh lord... I hear the shutters close and open...
Let my prayers be raised to your ears...
Let him rest in peace with you beside...
For my Vijayan Uncle was kind and sweet...

No comments:

Previous Post Next Post Back to Top